Is there such a thing as "The Active tab"

This topic is 6093 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a navigational problem !!

When I use a script to go back to a layout with multiple tabs, it is not possible to go back to where I was before executing that script. So is there a way to know what Tab is the front most or active ?

Xoomaster

Check this :o http://www.bh-a.com/downloads_1.1.html#RestoreTabs

You'll need FileMaker Pro Advanced 8.5 to install custom functions.

There is also a way without them, but slightly slower if you have many objects on the layout : http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/186848/post/251214/hl//fromsearch/1/#251214

May I ask you what situation failed ?

I know quite many people using it on a daily basis, and no one has ever reported a problem.

I am not saying it is not possible, but I am really curious.

What you -normally- need to do is ensure ALL tab panels are named.

By the way, on the version included in my demo file, there could be a problem if two layouts had the same name... but it wouldn't be the only problem in your solution I guess :P

Wrong - take a look at the attached template - run it thru the debuggers trace function! I do deliberately pull tab1 in front while making the 10 records, it could be whatever task ...your fear for the $$ variable might recieve a new irrelevant value doesn't really matter since the original tab was stored in the script parameter, and returned by the Get(ScriptResult) ...and best of all it terminates it's lifetime when the script stops.

--sd

Untitled.zip

What happens is that yes the front tab comes on but occasionally the front most tab is not returned as such. I know this happens because I don't just go to another record or another layout and back, but at least in my DB buttons are used for navigation and once a series of scripts are run before returning to that layout, the front most tab is replaced with one of the other front tabs that was not the front most tab ! this is only noticible when a tab contains another tab and that tab contains one or more other tabs and so forth.

I have checked my scripts, and did the debugging, and none of the steps actually change the variables used.

Could it be something I do, I don't know but the layout on which I have tried this, is quiet complicated and has several tabs and portals and multiple relationships which may be contributing to the above !

But there is still not an easy way that I know to find the "Front Most Tab " if you know what I mean.

Of cource eary tab has one label that is the front most for that tab, but which tab is setting in front of all collection of tabs is not easily configured in my case.

Xoomaster

Excuse me xoomaster, but what version are you using. I'm using 'my' version every day, so are all LayoutProperties users, and this was never reported.

I am NOT talking about the 'go to field loop' method.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6093 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.