Integrating a plug in.

This topic is 6168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I have downloaded a trial version of mail.it which looks like it is just the thing I am looking for. My problem however is how do I integrate the example layouts into my database? Am I required to copy and paste all of the scripts, layouts, fields etc, or is there some easier and faster way. I am guessing that it is a case of relating the two databases together, if so how do I do that?!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

No, you don't have to copy any of their scripts. However, I can tell you that their documentation is poorly organized, and each of the functions really need examples which they haven't seen fit to provide. You'll need to spend a lot of time going through the scripts and docs to make anything useful out of it.

On the other hand, it is a lot cheaper than its competition (maybe 1/2 price).

The examples have 1 file with 3 Tables, but you can organize the functions however you wish.

Steve

Edited by Guest

Actually, I use this plugin with no trouble at all.

I don't know where they got this bad reputation from (it's not the first time I read such a comment), but the version 3 documentation seems pretty well made, and the sample files demonstrate things accurately.

On the contrary, the reason why I chose it rather than its competitors was the speed at which I could port the sample files into my solutions. It was really a snap.

So, let's go back to subject. How can we help you ?

The first thing to do is to identify what you need, then chose the most appropriate sample file.

From this file, copy the tables, layouts and scripts to your solution. Then verify it works well. Then do the clean up (throw this away, don't need that, want another interface for this... and so on).

How about it comes from me trying to use the plugin and documentation. I happen to use Dacon's Menu Control which I think is a great plugin, and I'm not saying that mail.it isn't good (since I purchased it), it's just that better documentation would make a user's life a lot easier.

Steve

Thanks very much for the help and comments so far, but I think I am still missing something. I am by nature lazy, but I can't imagine that the only way to copy layouts/rules/fields is manually. There are so many oportunities for mistakes to be made with relationships, calculations etc. Am I missing a menu option to import all files from solution x? I suppose I am asking, at the most basic level how do I "copy the tables, layouts and scripts to your solution"?

This topic is 6168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.