Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Either Or relationship problem

This topic is 6128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I am fairly new to FileMaker and am programing a to-do type database. I am trying to figure out how to set up the relationships between my tasks and when I do the tasks.

Here is my problem. I have a table with tasks which includes taskID and other specific task data. I want to be able to link a task to a day, but want the option of setting the time or not. It sounds easy, but the catch is that I want the specific worktimes to be pre-defined (I set the times on specific days that I want to work and then assign the task to those worktimes). If I have more tasks then I can accomplish in my worktimes, the extra tasks will be assigned to a day generically (without a time).

Also, I need it so that a task can be assigned to many worktimes. (therefore a many to many relationship)

I tried setting it up so that I have my tasks table, a worktime table, a calendar table, and a separate table to use to make the many to many relationship. Is this the best way to do this? How do I set up my separate table so that I use either a worktime OR a calendar date?

Thx!!

Hailey

This topic is 6128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.