Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Server 9 & FileMaker PHP API

This topic is 6125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I am just wondering if FileMaker Server 9 supports the PHP API? Do I still need FileMaker Server 9 Advanced for this to work or will FM Server 9 be sufficient?

Have any changes been made to the API?

Not much is going on on the official FileMaker PHP API website - they're still announcing that you need FileMaker Server 8.04 Advanced...

Can anyone shed some light on this or point me to a source of information? As we have invested a lot of time and money to develop a FileMaker solution that is based on the new PHP API this would be of vital interest for us.

Cheers,

Thomas

Yes, FileMaker Server 9 supports the API for PHP. The thing with this release of server is you can do Custom Web Publishing with just the normal server version, but need Advanced for Instant Web Publishing and ODBC/JDBC.

The API for PHP is the release now rather than beta, im sure there have been some changes made, but im not exactly sure on what they did change.

Here is FileMaker's technology site on PHP: http://www.filemaker.com/support/technologies/php.html

Hope this helps! ;)

Hi,

this is great news indeed! Looks like FileMaker is cross changing their former policy: Now instant Web publishing needs FileMaker Server Advanced because it allows the user to save time on creating web layouts whereas FileMaker seems to have understood that PHP is the one basic web scripting language that needs to be supported right from the basic version of FileMaker Server.

Thanks for the web links! I didn't come across those before; they are interesting information.

Regards,

Thomas

This topic is 6125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.