Hi All, I'm having a problem when connecting my FM Pro 8.5 DB to my web application using Visual Studio. I have a dropdown list and I want to populate the values of this dropdown from the DB. W

This topic is 6095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I'm having a problem when connecting my FM Pro 8.5 DB to my web application using Visual Studio.

I have a dropdown list and I want to populate the values of this dropdown from the DB. When configuring the data source for this dropdown I go through all the steps: select data source > choose connection > next and then it gives me this message:

[color:red]Schema could not be retrieved for this table. please make sure the connection settings are correct and that the database is online. ERROR[HYC00][DataDirect][ODBC SequeLink driver]optional feature not implemented.

now my database is open and I enabled sharing via ODBC. I click the OK button and it takes me to the "configure the select statement" page with the "specifying the columns from table" being inactive.

I choose the other option which is "specify a custom SQL..." hit next and it gives me another error message as above with the following line:

[color:red]the underlying enumerator did not suppot enumerating objects of type "procedure".

I click OK and use the query builder and it works fine..which means there's a connection with my DB because i can see all the fields.

I'm trying to know the reason behind these two error messages. Something is wrong with my connection yet it can retrieve data....

This is driving me nuts and any help is much much appreciated.

This topic is 6095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.