Percentages in a Sub Summary Part

This topic is 6112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Team,

I am trying to generate percentages based on two separate fields in what I thought would require a simple calculation. I have defined the fields that will present the percentages in this fashion;

med_1185214613-AttendanceDefinitions.gif

This seems to be correct, however when I look at the report generated I get the following;

thumb_1185214621-Report.gif

Note that the percentages stay the same for both schools and especially that they are both wrong.

I assume this is happening because the fields are in a sub summary part. However I'm not seeing how else this can be done.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Sez

AttendanceDefinitions.gif

Report.gif

Edited by Guest

Hello Team,

This suggestion worked great. Thank you. However I have run into a problem I don't understand.

I've added a trailing grand summary in order to display the same information on a district wide basis. However while the summary fields all seemed to work and accumulate the totals, the percentage fields do not function as expected. Note the following;

med_1185303502-TotalsReport.gif

As I said the summary fields, per school, appear to work and in fact calculate the totals correctly, but the percentage fields seem to be stuck on the last schools entry which in this case is Fairwood.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I don't understand why the percentage calculations don't perform in the same manner. I'm using the following calculation to generate the percentages;

GetSummary ( April Counter SUM; ASchoolNumber) / GetSummary ( Absence Count; ASchoolNumber)

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Sez

TotalsReport.gif

Hello Team,

I finally figured out what the problem was with the percentages in the Trailing Grand Summary. To make a long story short I just changed the break field in the "get summary" function to the name of the field. So, I changed the percentage calculation format from this;

GetSummary ( April Counter SUM; ASchoolNumber) / GetSummary ( Absence Count; ASchoolNumber)

to this;

GetSummary ( April Counter SUM; April Counter SUM) / GetSummary ( Absence Count; Absence Count)

Once I tried it I had a "Doh!" moment. But I thought I'd add it here in case anyone else might find this helpful.

- Sez

This topic is 6112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.