Auto run script files

This topic is 6094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I want to run a script on FM Server 8 automatically after hours. It is a report that is supposed to be done at the end of the day but people keep forgetting. I didn't think I could make it run when the file closed because different people run it and if someone is still inputting data I don't want it to run. Can this be done? I have looked through the help menu and it mentions script files. I don't know what they are. I did a search in here on script files and it found pretty much every post that mentions the word script or file. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in Advance

Mike

You can still call the script when the file closes, as you first thought. But at the top of the script, put in a test...

- if[get(usercount)>1]

- exit script

- end if

- //rest of your end-of-day script

This will mean it only runs when the LAST person closes the database.

:-)

Awesome, thank you. One question though. If I have server set to disconnect someone who is idle, will that cause a problem. Meaning if one guy still has it open and leaves without closing it, when the server kicks him off will it trigger the script?

FM Server 9.0 can now run ScriptMaker script inside FM files as a scheduled process. With older versions this had to be done with a "drone" computer running FMP.

The only proviso is that the script must be IWP-compatible.

This topic is 6094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.