Shrink footer?

sal88

This topic is 6113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, is it possible to shrink the size of the footer by use of the sliding/printing function ('also reduce the size of the enclosing part')

I can't get it to work for the footer.

any ideas?

TIA

Not knowing the effect that you are trying to achieve, perhaps you should consider adding a trailing grand summary for whatever you were thinking of putting in the footer?

Basically its an invoice, so at the bottom of the last page, we need the totals and a note saying 'make all payments to...'. The way I have dealt with this so far is to have that as a 'footer' but blank it out by use of a calculation/container field if its NOT on the last page. This obviously will leave a blank gap at the bottom of each page, so we basically scrunched up the footer so this gap would not be so great.

However, I have recently been able to save some space on the layout by use of sliding cells up, so i thought I would try and space out the footer, but this only makes the gap bigger. So I need a way to have a trailing grand summary show at the bottom of the page.

I've always wished for a smart Last Page footer, too. They have a Title footer..

Anyway, I still think you'd want this info in a Trailing Grand Summary. You're printing this from the Invoice Line Items table, right? What are you sliding?

yup u are quite right...don't see why i don't just do that, its quite common practice yes? Yeah its from the invoice line items. am sliding up the repeating fields, was going to make a separate table for these repeating fields, and then base the layout on that, but then discovered the sliding function in all its glory lol.

Hi,

Instead of trying to reduce the size of a header or footer section, is it possible to turn them on and off - i.e. hide them and switch them on and off within a layput as required?

Greg

" Yeah its from the invoice line items. am sliding up the repeating fields..."

Everybody missed it... repeating fields.

If you used a relational structure instead of repeating fields, you'd probabkly not have any need for shrinking headers or footers.

Because the invoice would be printed from a list layout from the related LineItems table, rather than a form layout from the Invoices table. It massively simplifies things.

I dunno WHY you need sliding headers and footers, but they shoudn't be necessary and proably indicate a round peg is being put into a square hole. ;)

no I still don't understand how changing the data strucuture could in any way allow me to make a trailing grand summary display at the bottom of the page.

so far the only way i have come up with to accomplish is to have the data in the footer of each page display as null if it is not on the last page, then i could have all the data slide up and have no blank gaps at the bottom of the pages.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.