Horizontal Column Views

CurlyD777

This topic is 6083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am recreating a database to replace a series of excel spreadsheets. The visual views available in excel that we use numerous times to look at our tables is to have customer’s listed vertically, and jobs listed horizontally, and then show their sales numbers listed in the grid area.

We can have up to 30 or so jobs in a given layout, and excel allows you to split the screen to “freeze” the customers column while you scroll horizontally and view the numerous jobs.

Does any one know how to recreate this freeze ability in filemaker? If it’s not possible, does anyone have any good examples or solutions where you can show a customer list vertically, and then list horizontally more columns, allowing you to “freeze” the customer column while scrolling through the numerous job columns?

Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

BC may be right depending on why you want to switch to a relational structure. Really comes down to why you want to switch.

We switched due to having a purchasing file that over a few years grew to having over 20,000 lines in it and searching for a part was hell to say the least. Find, find , find, find, find, find, find, find, find, find, find, awww crap I passed the last time we purchased it. So do it again.........Find, Find.........

My advice is to ask what you want from switching to Filemaker and then decide. Filemaker is not excel and making it look and act like excel is the wrong approach and will only hinder your end goal.

Just my 2 cents

Michael

This topic is 6083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.