Replace field content calc not working

This topic is 6201 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a table with the city as "1", "2", "3", etc. In another table I have 2 fields city ID, and city Name. I am trying to do a replace field contents with a calc where IF (city=related:cityID, city Name)

When I do this though, I get either no change, or if I use the Case function, I get delated field and have to reimport. I know this is simple, but I am just not getting it to work. Thoughts? Thank you!

I considered that but wasn't sure is that had a benefit. Does adding many relations slow the database when shared, especiialy when it is just the city. Currently, it takes a while to sort only 1500 records, and it is hosted well, and both internet providers are highspeed (6Mbps)

Relational design most certainly has a benefit.

However, a 6 Mbps network isn't very fast. Ethernet is 100 megabytes per second: wireless is 54 Mbps.

Thank you for the reply. I used the relation to do a relook up, and will research more in to the benefits of relationships. I have used them alot, but not for incidental data like cities, and zipcodes etc.

Also, I want not too clear on the speed. The database is hosted on the internet at 3x T1 speed. So for the internet it is good, but certainly not as good if it was hosted internally.

Thank you for the information.

This topic is 6201 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.