Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Missing Layout Graphics in v9

This topic is 6203 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have recently converted to FMServer 9 and wanted to start upgrading my clients likewise. The clients that I have switched to 9 work fine except for one problem.

Some of my custom graphics on my layouts in FM9 are missing. As you can see in the image below, it's not all of the custom graphics (the tabs and the small circles in the upper right are still there). If you need a closer view, right-click and select 'View Image' to get the full size.

I believe the problem lies somewhere in the FM9 client, rather than the server. I run a completely MacOS network and have FM Server 9 running my database (Mac OSX Server -- 10.4.10) with Mac OSX clients: some with FM8.x and some with FM9. The graphics through the 8.x clients look the same off of Server 9 as when I hosted with Server 7/8, yet the 9 clients eliminated some of the graphics. It's also interesting to see that there are white "spaces" left where the graphics should be.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so, do you notice any commonalities in which graphics get eliminated and have you found any work around, other than redoing all the missing graphics (38 relational databases with probably 13-20 user-accessible layout per... yuck!)?

Thanks a bunch!

Gordie

FMP_9vs85.jpg

Edited by Guest

I may be way off here, but I've seen something similar in the past. You can try selecting the button, then clicking the formatting properties (not sure of the name of the function, but it's located on the left side of the screen just above where you would select the color of the object, then select a clear format for the object. It's helped me in the past.

This topic is 6203 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.