Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How do I do a record type layout for a portal

SteveGriff

This topic is 8284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Question peeps.

I have a portal with 1 row. I basically want the ability to have two buttons, next and previous where you could go through each record one by one.

I guess I am trying to navigate a Record in Form Mode using portals in a Record.

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say. smile.gif" border="0

Thanxs

Steve Griff

Nope, went by me. Which records do you want to step through, the ones in the master file or the ones in the related file? How exactly are the records related? Why are you using a one row portal? If you are trying to use the portal to step through records in the related file, you must change the relationship using scripts attached to the buttons so that it points to a different record each time you press the buttons. The question then becomes, does your portal show all records in the related file or just those for each related record in the master file? If the latter, you must condition the left side of your relationship to step through a subset of records in the related file by inventing a clever key that allows this.

-bd

Well I want to step through each record of the related file.

I've set up a relationship between my 'Letter' Database and my 'Paragraph' Database. The relationship is to show only the paragraphs that are 'Welcome' Paragraphs. This is defined as: -

LetterDB::Paragraph_Type = ParagraphDB::Paragraph_Type

Therefore both Paragraph_Type fields would have to contain 'Welcome' if they want to be shown in my Letter Database 'Welcoming_Paragraph' field.

Because I want to select a paragraph that will be my opening paragraph, I only want to pick one. That's where I want my portal to show one row at a time on my portal and I can go through my paragraphs until I find the one I want. This letter will have to be printed out.

I hope that makes more sence smile.gif" border="0

Steve

Change into the related database (go to related record). Display the "master" information on the layout through a relationship back. If you really want, make the layout look like it has a single row portal on it (even though it's not). Going through each record is now very easy.

This topic is 8284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.