Tab Control

cgerman77

This topic is 6036 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Guys,

this is my first post and I am very new to Filemaker Pro, but I am working on a simple catalog database. One of the main features is that there are tabs for different items.

I have a list of clickable items such as:

Lavatory Faucet

Tub Faucet

etc.

and on the bottom have tabs that show the same items.

I want to show the correct tab of Lavatory Faucet when someone clicks the Lavatory Faucet list item.

I have tried with Object Name and then creating and If Else statement but I don't seem to know how to properly set it up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-MaNu

It sounds like what you are describing is a simple layout with different records, which fall under your groupings (bath faucet, kitchen faucet, etc.) which would be a field held together with a value list.

I'm guessing that you want to go to a different layout when you click on your item. In that case, just create one layout with the "clickable item," and under the Format menu, go to Button Setup and Go To Layout. Choose a layout that has that item and it's information that you want to make available. Make sure you have a button on that layout to go back to the other layout.

Alternatively you may want to write a script that sends the user to the correct layout if there are other considerations, like beginning with the cursor in a certain field or resizing a window.

This topic is 6036 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.