Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I'm new and know just enough about Filemaker to get myself in real trouble. But here goes. We are designing a Web site run from FileMaker. We have a standard sign up page layout located in our

This topic is 6066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm new and know just enough about Filemaker to get myself in real trouble. But here goes.

We are designing a Web site run from FileMaker. We have a standard sign up page layout located in our “Customers TO” where the customer set up an account with “User Name and Password and general information.

Here is where I need your help.

After the customer provides the information. They click on the NEXT button, are automatically assign a CustomerID” and a New Record is made in our Entry layout in our “Selections TO”. This will be the only new record ever provided for this customer in this TO so that every time they come back and enter their User Name and Password they come to this record.

SPECIAL NOTE: If the customer comes back later to make changes to their information and presses the NEXT button. We need to make sure that they still go to the Entry layout, but are NOT assigned a new CustomerID and are NOT assigned a new record. I’m not even sure this can be done but I hope you will know of a way to do it.

Once they are in the Entry layout they can click on a short product description from our “Product TO” portal (already set up), which allows them to read a full description and see a picture, located in our “Line Items TO” portal (already set up).

I’ve really been struggling to figure out how to set up the script to perform the following.

1. When the customer clicks on the NEXT button as mentioned above. I need to get the ContactID into the Entry layout in the “Selection TO” so we know who the customer is.

2. I need to get the Contact ID into the “Line Items TO” so I know the products this customer clicked on.

A couple things maybe you should know. All customers see all the same products to select from the “Product TO” portal. New products are entered almost weekly that they will want to come back and see.

Did I even come close to giving you an understanding what I’m talking about? I sure hope so but let me know if I can clear anything up. I've re-read it a couple times and it sounds good to me, but keep in mind my user name is BoyBlunder and I did not come by it easily! :

Thanks so much,

Carl

This topic is 6066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.