Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Question - regarding a FIND request

JLEEINC

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have basically an inventory management database (has Name, Type, Product Name, etc for fields)... and have a field for [sOLD] pieces of inventory ... what i'm trying to do is, is set the "Find" button, so that it searches the database based on whatever criteria you put into a given field, (Name , search for Tiger Woods for example) and have it ONLY show records for Tiger Woods that are NOT sold (omitting each record that is declared [sOLD]) ...

my current set up is -> Button Setup is set to 'Enter Find Mode' and it searches fine (but finds ALL inventory including the SOLD pieces) ... when i 'Specify Find Requests' and set it to Action>Omit Records and Criteria>LineItem2::Sold = SOLD

BUT when i check this box for Specify, and then try to search for "Tiger Woods" it shows ALL records (not just tiger woods), BUT it does omit the SOLD Tiger Woods pieces ...

is there something i'm missing with regards to it showing ONLY Tiger Woods (search criteria of course, as tiger woods is only an example) and omitting the SOLD pieces? well i guess there has to be or i would not have this problem, lol

Thanks for any and all help!

Jerimy.

Use a script that sets the desired criteria. It might look like this:

Enter Find Mode[]

Pause Script[indefinitely]

New Record/Request

Set Field[sold;"SOLD"]

Omit Record

Perform Find[]

Then have your button perform the script.

ok for the Set Field[] , do i also set the "Specify Target Field" ? as well as the "Calculated Result"? ... as i've tried messing with both of these and coming up with the same results, its finding the "tiger woods" but showing ALL results for him, not omitting the SOLD pieces., but i'm sure i've got something slightly off.

what i'm trying to omit (from the search results) is from the table 'Line Item 2' , field 'Sold' ...

i know this cant be tough, but like anything without the proper knowledge, its harder than it should be ??? ... i really appreciate your assistance, and let me know when i've tested (your patience) too much :) as i completely understand.

Jerimy.

ok, clearly im misunderstanding somewhat ... i know where to put in the calculation , but what IS the calculation formula? i dont know what to put there ... again sorry for my ignorance ... some of this i breeze right through and then get stuck on what seems like simple stuff lol ...

you dont by chance have msn or yahoo or aim chat do you?

[email protected] , [email protected] or jleeinc1 (aim)

prob could solve this in about 30 seconds ??? either way i really do appreciate your time! Jerimy.

i know where to put in the calculation , but what IS the calculation formula?

In the calculation dialog, just put in the text you want to set in the field. In this case, "SOLD" (with quotes).

Edited by Guest

LMAO, like i said "getting stuck on some of the simplest things" ... i simply was not using quotes around the word "sold" and it was prompting me to do something else

FIXED!!

YOU ARE THE MAN - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME and certainly your PATIENCE!!!

Jerimy.

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.