Price Calculator

This topic is 6140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to build an automatic price calculator for my T-Shirt printing company where the user enters some key info and it spits out an exact price per shirt. Where do I even start with this one?

1. User chooses a shirt from a pull down. Shirts are a set price, this should be simple.

2. User chooses number of colors for the front, back, sleeve, etc... Number of colors effects the run price. (2 colors is less than 5 for example) each color requires one screen. ( 2 color front and 2 color back = 4 Screens X 12.50ea flat fee in attition to the run price)

3. User enters number of shirts to be printed. The more shirts printed the lower the price per print. 2 colors printed on 20 shirts is more expensive than 2 colors printed on 100 shirts.

Any help is welcome! :)

I settled a similiar, though much more complex, problem by use of a script. This can be attached to a button that the user has to press to get their final price.

Another advantage of using a script is that you can check the customers entries are valid before you do your calcs.

HTH

Phil

This topic is 6140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.