How do I send a form email from FileMaker?

Hakodate

This topic is 6131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

How do I send the individual results of a survey as form email via FileMaker?

I have just imported the results of a survey into FileMaker Pro. I assumed that I could create a form email which includes individual data and general data and then send the results of the survey to each person that completed the survey, using the "Send mail..." command. One of fields is the email of each survey respondent.

However, it appears that the "Send mail..." command can only send one field, can this be right. In each email I want to send something that looks like this:

Dear [FirstName] [LastName]

The other day you completed a survey. Your result for this survey was [individualResult]. You might like to know that the average was [Average].

Thank you for doing the survey.

I found another post:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/190044/post/266725/hl/email/fromsearch/1/#266725

with a similar inquiry. There is a suggestion to use 'Calculations'. However it is not clear to me how this can be done.

I believe I must be missing something very simple. Surely, it can't be so difficult to send a form email message?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

The body of the email text in Send Mail can be a field, and that field can be a calculation field. So, you'd create a calc text field:

"Dear " & [FirstName]& " " & [LastName] & ", " & &

"The other day you completed a survey. Your result for this survey was " & [individualResult]& ". You might like to know that the average was " & [Average]& ". & &

Thank you for doing the survey."

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.