Alarming Call that server stopped -- no files visible

This topic is 6124 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just got an alarming call from my IT guy that FM Server Advanced (running on Windows) was not running -- when restarted, none of the hosted databases were even visible in the admin panel.

What could be going on? How do we get the databases back?

(I know I need to provide everyone with more info, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or experience with this.)

Firstly, does your IT guy know how to correctlty restart a FM Server? (Close the files with the remote admin tool, then stop the service, then restart windows.)

Amongst other things, check the amount of free space on the boot disk.

Server was oddly stopped when he was notified of the fact by users. He started service, but the files were not showing up in the admin. I believe he corrected the problem by restarting the server -- but why should he have had to do that?

Also, I believe that there is enough free space, but I'll check.

More info to come...

I actually ran into the same problem with FMSA. I could not find one reason why the server service stopped and it dinged up my SLSOCKET.TRC file (which is used with DataDirect 5.5 for ODBC)to allow us to share infor with an SQL database. This is most unsettleing. Needed to replace the damaged file and restart the server. After that all was OK.

This topic is 6124 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.