finding by formatted text

gessie

This topic is 6116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Just got back to an FMP database that someone was looking after inputting data while I was away for a while. They have left their new additions in red formatted text to highlight them.

Now I can go and check their inputs and decide whether to keep them. In case I miss some though - I was wondering if it's possible to search all fields for anything formatted in red.

Any ideas how I might try that?

thanx

gessie

Hi Gessie

Have a look at the GetAsCSS function.

Create a new calculated field with the formula 'GetAsCSS ( YourTextField )' and then do a search for "#FF0000" or whatever the colour used is.

I have never tried this but I think its the only way to search on formatted text.

Regards

Orlando

Hi Lee

Many thanks for your response. I found Orlando's post first and managed to do just what I wanted to do using the GetAsCSS function. It didn't stop me from checking out the GetAsStyledText script that you suggested though. More ways than one to skin a cat - and I learned something from each of your suggestions.

Cheers

gessie

Glad it worked for you gessie, I am always a little apprehensive when recommending something I have not used myself.

It does look like a good feature that I will no doubt get around to using at some point.

Take care

Orlando

This topic is 6116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.