Discounts in different Product Categories

Tissot

This topic is 6111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I’ve been looking for ages and don’t seem to find any info on this relation.

I need to be able to give individual customers discounts on different Product categories. When the Product is selected, the Line item should get that Discount from that specific customer. How do I get those categories to display on the Customers Contact so I can apply a discount on each of the categories? How do I relate this Info?

Am I dumb or is this really that hard?

Looking forward to your reply! Thanks

Ron

Hopefully do you have a relational structure similar to the attached image, what I use is that the category an item belongs to is used to get the right discount value in the other end of the chain of TO's, I've according to the nature of being a historic snapshot used autoenter fields to get the price as well as the discount ... so if you later raise or lower the price or discount-rate won't it affect the previously issued invoices.

I autoenter the discount by using this calc:

GetNthRecord ( Discounts::Discount ; Items::Category )

This way could each customer have his/her own say 10 discount rates, the category in the chosen item redirect to right one of the 10.

--sd

Billede_1.jpg

Edited by Guest

Even if quantity is not a factor, the relationship between Customers and Categories is still many-to-many:

Customer 1:

• Products in Category A - 10%

• Products in Category B - 7%

Customer 2:

• Products in Category A - 5%

• Products in Category B - 3%

Thanks for that. It's working as required.

I've got a Portal for the Discounts and a Dropdown for the User to select a Category in it. Is there a way to get FM to filter already selected Categories? Otherwise the User could use the same category multiple times, resulting a conflict.

Regards and once more thank you!

Ron

Is there a way to get FM to filter already selected Categories?

Yes, pretty easy actually!

http://www.databasepros.com/FMPro?-DB=resources.fp5&-lay=cgi&-format=list.html&-FIND=+&resource_id=DBPros000735

Just remember that the keyfields on both sides are bound to be of the same field type! Due to use of List( must both sides be text.

--sd

This topic is 6111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.