Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

"Record is in use by 'Jane Doe'"

This topic is 6140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

My IWP clients get a blank screen if they try to commit a record which another user has open, or has inelegantly exited from. I'm trying (step 1) to provide a field that displays "Record is in use by 'Jane Doe'"

Get(RecordOpenState) is giving me no joy, either as a calculation in a field, or as a step in a script. Can someone point to a sample?

Maybe once my mental block clears, I can move on to step 2, which would be handling this error.

Many thanks in advance. . .

Have you had a look at Get(LastError) ?

As this is a script driven event you will need to provide a button for the IWP user to "submit" the record (instead of using the Submit button in the status panel).

Roughly speaking your button should fire a script to:

Commit record

If Get (lastError) > 0 goto warning layout

• Newbies

Yes, I've tried that and found mixed results (thanks for the reply by the way). I think Get(LastError) worked in some cases, but not in others. I think I got a bit leary of that approach when I saw that Set Error Capture (which I percieved as necessary to reliably use Get(LastError)), was not web compatible. But I think I'll retry this approach without using Set Error Capture. It's just not clear to me (from the documentation) that "busy record" is one of the conditions that causes a >0 return from G(LE). Thanks for the tip - the next thing would be to capture who has the record, and to diplay that on the warning page.

Thanks!

This topic is 6140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.