Thunderbird

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I cannot speak for the Mac side but I have been running Thunderbird on an XP box with FileMaker 5.5, 7, 8, 8.5, and 9. I have not had any issues with sending mail through Thunderbird.

Is there an "Allow other applications to access..." options somewhere in the settings?

The "Send Mail" will only target Entourage and Apple Mail.

A workaround is use "Go To URL" using the "mailto:" protocol. You may need to read up a bit more on the "mailto:" protocol.

Thanks for the example. I was successful in using the Open URL script to launch Thunderbird and send a blank message.

My next step is to generate the customized message that I was using the Send Mail script for.

I'll be scratching my head and experimenting over the next few days and let you know what I find.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by Guest

This looks interesting, but I need to generate a customized message from Filemaker that captures the data from other fields in Filemaker such as domain name, user name, password, etc. At first glance, your examples don't seem to work for this.

If you put the fields together in a single text calculation field, with the proper syntax for line breaks, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've done similar, though just for simple things. The result is not going to fancy however; it's just text.

Another work-around, which is a little clunky, is to copy the data onto the clipboard, then paste it into the email once it's open.

Hello there,

I just found this forum discussion and I have the same problem when switching to thunderbird. is there a way to trick the "Send Mail" Script to target Thunderbird instead of changing all the "Send Mail" Script into Open URL with mailto?

thanks alot!

nese

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been using Thunderbird successfully for months and now have hit the wall when trying to send to a larger group of clients - 126. Can send email from FM to smaller groups 4-27 easily, but chokes on 126. Any ideas?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.