Sign in to follow this  
hartmut

finding a selected radio button in a value list

I have a value list which is red, blue, green, yellow as the values.

I have them in my layout as bullet boxes. When I try to make a script to find those that are selected as "RED" it doesn't find anything.

How does one do a find for a bullet button value?

Thanks

Dave

Should work, unless you accidentally have formatted your field as number. You could instead tell us how you have made the queries until now??

--sd

I have done a simple find and selected the button red. But if I insert "red " in a find script it doesn't work.

Soren is correct. You proib have the field formatted as a number. Try putting a pause right before the find script step to see what data is entered for the find.

Michael

no it is an indexed text field. In the script I copy "red" from another field and then try to paste it into that field during find mode. That is probably the problem. I just don't know if you can paste a value into a value list when they are radio buttons and then do a find.

Hello Hartmut,

I think it would be better for us (or at least me) to see your sample script and the layout, so we can analyze and give you better input or solution...

Thank you.

no it is an indexed text field. In the script I copy "red" from another field and then try to paste it into that field during find mode. That is probably the problem. I just don't know if you can paste a value into a value list when they are radio buttons and then do a find.

Rather than use paste try using the SetField script step, it's much better practice to use SetField. Main reason being the field does not have to be on the same layout for it to work.

See Attached

Michael

Test_Find_Radio.zip