inactive accounts

librone

This topic is 5970 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a inactive account in my file.

Is it possible to active this account from external tool ( applescript, vbs, ...) ?

Hopefully [color:red]not, directly via an external API such as you describe, otherwise it would be a big security hole. Presumably this is an internally authenticated Account, not an externally auithenticated one.

You can however reactivate it with the Enable Account script step. You can also deactivate it the same way.

Hi Steven

Hopefully not, ... Presumably

Hopefully not and presumably aren't "NO".

Can you ask Filemaker inc. engineers?

You can however reactivate it with the Enable Account script step. You can also deactivate it the same way.

I know these script steps .

If engineers say "NO" and one day these script steps could also be used with full access account, it would be a big step forward.

sorry for my English

Ann

It is possible to run a script from an external API such as VBS or Apple Events and have that script activate or deactivate an Account. Othewise there is no other way to activate an internal Accoount from an external API.

The Account Management script steps by express intent and design do not work with [Full Access] Accounts. In the design and planning stage for the new security model, we deemed that to be a major security issue if that were to happen.

Steven

Hi Steven,

It is possible to run a script from an external API such as VBS or Apple Events and have that script activate or deactivate an Account. Othewise there is no other way to activate an internal Accoount from an external API.

Well, very well!

The Account Management script steps by express intent and design do not work with [Full Access] Accounts. In the design and planning stage for the new security model, we deemed that to be a major security issue if that were to happen.

Steven

Oh! No,..."by express intent and design"...

I have a good script to use.

Allow User Abort [ Off ]

If [ TABLE::Afielddeveloper = "here secret password developer" ]

Set Field [ TABLE::Afielddeveloper; " " ]

Enable Account [ Account Name:"ADMIN" ] [ Activate ]

Re-Login [ Account Name:"ADMIN" ] [ No dialog ]

Enable Account [ Account Name:"ADMIN" ] [ Deactivate ]

# Hi developer, now you are ADMIN and you are in and only you can do it....again.

End If

But this script don't work, it don't work because ..."by express intent and design"... :)

Ann

This topic is 5970 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.