Toggling DB Access (Active/Inactive) from Another DB

This topic is 5968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Gang!

I have a database of customers. This database contains indicators and the names of other online FM Pro databases they have access to that I host on FM Server. This database also contains their username and password in text fields.

I would like to be able to create their access to the other databases from within the "Customers" database - and was thinking that it would be much easier to have an ON/OFF toggle type script or function that would allow me to activate or deactivate their access, rather than the current way we do it, which is to add them as users to each database and put in their username, password, click ACTIVE, etc.

For instance, two radio buttons - one labeled ON and one OFF, next to the name of each database we host. Default would of course be OFF. Then, after we've entered their username and password in those fields, we could choose "ON" and web access would be added to those databases and activated.

Something along these lines.

Does this make sense? Is this something that could be done? Has anyone done anything similar before? If so, please help this long-time rookie :

Thank you!

Tony Martin

P.S. - I know from reading some of the other posts that I might be told to use external server auth, but this really isn't the scenario I'm looking for. I'm more interested in doing everything from within the customers database so that we can manage access quickly. My main point and question of this post is: can you add an account and password from fields defined in one database to another? I see how it could be structured with a button/script using Add Account, but I'm not certain of the scripting procedure for it.

This topic is 5968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.