Server Maintenance This Week. ×

XML URL FLASH FILEMAKER INTEGRATION

filemakeruser11-IT

This topic is 5639 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I hope that some of the gurus that are in this forum can give me a clue about the following matter.

I am interested to a particular aspect concerning flash filemaker integration via XML.

I have red about XML URL SINTAX and this is the question:

I want to develop a flash login form where,before connecting to the server,users must authenticate and that would be used to show error messages when username/password or both are invalid.

XML URL SINTAX does not tell how to handle it, but only how to get and send data via XML.

I mean that I have not find the way to send, VIA URL,username and password for authentication.

Can someone give me a clue of which is the way for doing so?

hope that someone can help me.

thanks

stefano

ps:I am going to post this thread in XML forum because it affect both.

As far as I know this is the only way to send user login and password. If you don't send login and password this way, two things could happen. First, if the database allows guest access, then the web session will log in as guest and try to perform the request. If the database doesn't allow guest access, it will communicate a request to authenticate. In a browser this displays a standard “basic HTTP authentication” dialog. I don't know if it's possible to handle this in Flash. You can try to connect without authenticating and see what happens.

It's also possible to authenticate as a guest and then use a script (-script.prefind) to authenticate from within FileMaker using the Re-Login script step. But you'll still have to send the login and the password, in this case as the script's parameter (-script.prefind.param).

To make sure the credentials cannot be intercepted you need to set up HTTPS on the server: obtain a certificate and teach the server to use it.

To handle errors you'll need to look at the resulting XML file. I don't quite remember, but there's either an element or an attribute called “error”. The error codes are listed in the documentation.

• 10 months later...

Dear Mr.Edoshin,

after a long time,i came back to this problem.

following your suggestion,i had tried to use a relogin script step,sending the login and password by this way,as indicated in filemaker xml reference:

http://127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=FMF&-lay=Web&-script.prefind=webrelogin&-script.prefind.param=1%7login2%7pass&-findall

The webrelogin script step that I have created in filemaker, should perform the re-login,using the 2 parameters provided via url (1%7login2%7pass)

Filemaker re-login script step allow to insert login and password values manually or via calculation field.

If I am not wrong,in this case,I should use the Get(ScriptParameter) to load the proper values provides in the url.

I do not understand which is the proper calculation to provide to the re-login script the login and the password provided in the url.I have checked xml filemaker reference but i have not found info about it.

Hope you can give me a clue.Thanks in advance!

Stefano

This topic is 5639 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.