Conditional label??

This topic is 5966 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am building a little billing program for the people I work with. Some of them are paid on a daily rate and some on hourly. I was thinking of making a radio button to select one or the other. Then I would like to have one field for data input regardless of whether they selected hours or days. Based on the value selected, the data input page would have a label for "Hours Worked," or "Days Worked." Can my version of FMP recognize a field and adjust the text in a label automatically, or will I have to build two different data input layouts?

Assuming that your radio button values are actually "Hours Worked," or "Days Worked," just use the field itself as your label.

Not quite. Hours (or Days) Worked is an numerical input field, not a binary choice.

I was thinking the radio button would go on the page where you select whether you are on an hourly rate or a daily rate. I have one layout for setting up the billing and another layout for recording your time. In the setup you define each project and whether you are paid hourly or daily for that project. Then to use the program for recording your billing, you go to the second layout, select the project by number, and type in your hours or days. I would like the field label in this second layout to show whether this project refers to hourly or daily billing.

Hours/Days Worked is a numerical input field, yes. But the radio button field on the setup layout is a text field, right? That's the one I'm saying can be used as the label.

This topic is 5966 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.