Server Maintenance This Week. ×

fm9 pro vs reg

mleiser

This topic is 5920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I understand that in FM9 pro you can make custom menus. If you create a custom menu in an applicaiton in FM 9 Pro, can you have a workstation running regular FM 9 Pro access that application with the custom menu?

Thanks for the comeback. Now, if I do do that, if I go into regular fm 9 layout what will the custom menu look like. Will it only be editable in fm9 advanced?

The menu set itself will only be modifiable in Advanced. But you should be able to assign menu sets to layouts, load menu sets via ScriptMaker (Install Menu Set), etc, and they'll behave as advertised for the end user.

Of course, I don't have a copy of Pro handy to check. Everybody with Advanced ought to be forced to develop in Pro for a day, to feel the pain.

Don't feel bad. Most of my apps are still in 6.0, some in 7, all because of time constraints. I'm just gettingt to excited about the new functionality I keep running into and I already got 9. I'm even going to go to server with this, also new to me. I'm on board since 1.0 only on the MAC. I think it's the greatest since apple pie.

Thank you all for the responses.

If you read the help that I point to, it explains the process pretty good.

You might also consider subscribing to FileMaker Magazine in order to have complete access to videos like this Link.

FileMaker Magazine has Free, and Subscriber Only articles, videos and example files. IMO, it is well worth the subscription price to have access to the knowledge available there.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 5920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.