Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Undo changes

Jorgitopeter

This topic is 5899 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi my dear repliers!!! You always have an answer for all the things I can't find... I learn a lot with you and then I "teach" my friends : ... all thanks to you guys (and girls).

Here I have a question: Can I set a button to "undo changes"? I mean: I accidentally change some information and I don't know what I changed... is there any way to undo changes? to restore the information which accidentally has been changed?

I can't realize the way... thankssssss for reading!

Jogito :

PS: I don't really know if this post is well-situated,

If the record has not been committed yet, then you can use 'Revert Record' to go back to what the orig value was.

If you are talking about reverting back to values after the record has been committed, then you would have to use some kind of logging system of audit trail to keep track of all changes. Then you could refer to the audit trail to populate the old value back in.

There are many many tips and tricks for audit trails. You can start by doing an advanced search for +Audit +Trail. You will come across many posts on this subject.

Also there is a plugin by WorldSync that does a great job of auditing.

Awww heck here I will just give you the links to them :-)

Audit Trail Links

Edited by Guest
Added audit trail inks

Hi again... maybe you know about a freeware "audit-trail" plugin? Because I definetively can't pay 150 US$ (I'm an unemployed student from Argentina, a country that is not in its best moments :s, so you would realize how much money do I have in my pockets now? jajaj)... That money earns a full-time worker in a month... it's quite difficult for me to save that money. Thanks a lot my friend.

Edited by Guest

Yes, I followed the links, but I thought that the "demos" only were examples and you couldn't use it in your own tables... But now I realized that you can import the tables into the example file, and the custom function keeps running...

The thing is: I could import my tables to the example file, and it works... but now: what do I have to do to undo changes? I mean, to refer to logged data and restore it into the modified fields, like Mr.Vodka told me... Because I can't realize how to do it...

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Guest

Custom Functions can be copied over too.

Menu >> File >> Manage >> Custom Functions.

Lee

[color:red]p.s.

You can make this easier by downloading the demo of Clip Manager from Here

Edited by Guest
p.s.

I'm hoping that I'm understanding you okay.

The Audit file merely records the changes that were made to the data in the fields you are following. The only way that I know of to revert the data, is to do the change manually by retyping it in the Field(s).

HTH

Lee

This topic is 5899 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.