Tool Tip showing last modification

Dana G

This topic is 4652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks Henry,

I was trying to avoid creating a second field for every field in my layout. I was hoping that there was a custom function that could be created and added to each field that would note the modifications to only that field.

Ex. Field 1 was modified and tooltip would read "John Smith 2/29/08." Field 2 was not modified and would show "Bob Johnson 1/1/08." Field 3 has never been modified so it would have a blank tooltip.

Hi Dana,

Ex. Field 1 was modified and tooltip would read "John Smith 2/29/08." Field 2 was not modified and would show "Bob Johnson 1/1/08." Field 3 has never been modified so it would have a blank tooltip.

So, will you actually save the "date" of modification into a field?

I am not sure that the tooltip can actually save all your "modification_date" without having a field to keep their records...

That's what I was crossing my fingers for. If it's not possible then I'll have to see if they would settle for a single field with the modification log. It's just something that an employee asked me about and I didn't have an answer as to whether or not a tooltip was capable of that.

It's one of those "wants" but not necessarily a need.

• 3 years later...

This topic is 4652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.