Server Maintenance This Week. ×

GTRR option

This topic is 4943 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It would be nice to be able to GTRR from any layout. Something like a list of Table Occurrences could popup and then we could choose which one to go to... Or perhaps an option on the submenu when you right click your mouse...

Dunno about you guys but having to change my one script ( depending on which layout) that does GTRR is getting old.

But I cant even get them to fix the GTRR step, "layout unknown" / wrong layout bug that has been driving me nuts for as long as I can remember. Sigh, oh well wishful thinking. :tears:

Dunno about you guys but having to change my one script ( depending on which layout) that does GTRR is getting old.

I can't grasp the full depth of your question here, but were thinking there might be something in this functionality here to exploit something like jumping back and forth between unattached.

http://www.sumware.net/robfm/savingfoundsets.php

--sd

Hi Søren,

No I was not referring to anything like this. Basically, I was talking about not scripting at all. IOW, much like the 'Go to Record' or 'Omit Record' or 'Show Omitted Only' under the RECORDS menu, it would be nice to have a GTRR option. Once selected, it can give you a list of related TOs that you can select from.

Lets say I have a found set, and I want to GTRR to all matching related records for the entire set or even the current record. Currently, we would have to create a temporary script to do it. What I am saying is that it would be nice to be able to do it without this cumbersome step.

• 1 year later...

I agree! I always have one script which I need to change (for developer use) and use when *I* am on a layout and want to GTRR to a related set!! We can't manually GTRR from menu - only from script so we must change the script.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

@El Pablo

GTRR [From : $myTO; Layout : $myLayout]

I agree 10,000% - this would be what 'Set Field By Name' was to 'Set Field'. Awesome.

Currently it has the wonderful facility to choose both layout & window dynamically, but what we are asking for is the ability to "Go to 'calculated' related records" - we want to be able to dynamically specify - via parameters/current layout in all likelihood. The current dialog box just needs a specify TO by calculation.

This implies a need for two Design functions: TableOccurenceNames, TableOccurenceIDs, then we can add them to functions like IDFromName and NameFromID to make sure we can use FM's underpinning IDs for them, so as to avoid any error in the event of a TO having its name changed.

Thanks Mr Vodka for raising this. I really think it would be a substantial improvement. There should be some sort of polling thing so people can vote for 10 improvements a year, or grade improvements...?? :)

Thx FMforums for having this sort of place.

This topic is 4943 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.