Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't get Delete function to work on File Server

This topic is 5889 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't get the SCDelete( folderPath ) plug-in function to work when SuperContainer Server is running on a Mac file server. What should the path be anyway? Just the ID number of the file folder when the path is "Mac HD:Users:Shared:SuperContainer:Files:ID:", as the SuperContainer example shows? I can't find any documentation on this function in the example folder provided.

While we're on the topic of deleting folders, I notice in the example file that when a Delete is done, only the file folder under "Files" is deleted. Is there also a way of deleting the "Thumbnail" folder that corresponds to that file also?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Apologies for taking so long to respond.

The folderPath parameter would be just the ID, however, you have to call SCSetBaseURL( "http://serverAddres:portNumber/SuperContainer/Files" ) to let the plug-in know where SuperContainer server is running, before calling SCDelete( folderPath ); 99% of the time it's enough to stick the SCSetBaseURL() into the start-up script.

Val

360Works

770-234-9293

The documentation for the plug-in functions is in the "SuperContainer Companion Plugin-1.XX" folder.

Regarding the deletion of thumbnails, I did a quick test and looks like the thumbnails are deleted as well.

This topic is 5889 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.