Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with 'Open remote'

This topic is 5580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm having troubles with the Open Remote function in Filmaker 9 Advanced on Leopard. When I choose this command, nothing happens. One would expect a window with access to FM servers and remote files, but nada...

It works fine on 3 other (Tiger) machines that access the same server.

I've chekced my firewall settings, checked if something is blocking port 5003. I've reinstalled FM again from the cd. The first time I hit the Open remote command, Leopard asked me if FM remote connections should be allowed. I did allow this. I've even turned off the firewall. Still no luck.

This is driving me mad! Any suggestions?

It never hurts to ask the basic questions, so here goes...

Are you saying when you select the drop down menu option "Open Remote..." nothing at all happens? No window at all? Are you doing this with no file open (an open file may have a set of custom menus)? Do you experience the same behavior when using the keyboard shortcut (cmd-shift-O)? What about going through the plain "Open..." dialog? There's a "Remote..." button on the bottom right of that window.

• Newbies

Yes, I've tried all various methods of "Open Remote". None of them is working.

There's an other problem too that might be related: I can't use the Filemaker Server admin console either. I can open the java applet, and then there's nothing happening either...

• 8 months later...

Perhaps?

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7014&p_sid=YVgeI_nj&p_lva=6995&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjMsMjMmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BzX2Fuc191cGRhdGVkPSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXNzbA%2A%2A&p_li=

This topic is 5580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.