script problem with FM server 9

This topic is 5860 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have just purchased FM9 Server for my company and it is already starting to pay off in terms of performance. One of the features I am keen to use is FM script triggering via a schedule. I already have a script that prints a thank you letter for sales sold the day before. I would Like FM server to automatically print these out every day. I have set the print setup and print script lines to 'perform without dialog' and I have a printer connected directly to the PC running FM Server. I just keep getting "Script aborted" errors.

Has anyone any Ideas why this is not working?

thanks

The FMS scripting engine only processes IWP scriptmaker commands. Unfortunately, Im not sure printing one of the commands that is supported.

As Jalz said, Print [] is not IWP compatible. Only script steps that are web compatible can be used when called from server side.

To help you in your development, in script maker, edit or create any script. On the bottom left hand corner you will see a checkbox for "Indicate web compatiblity". This will allow you to see what you can and can not use.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a similar issue with a script that needs to run on a recurring basis, but has web-incompatible steps ("Import Records" and "Perform Find/Replace"). My workaround was to create a user account on our terminal server, open the FM file under that account, and leave it open with a continually-looping script. It works okay (except when the FM client inexplicably shuts down), but it uses one of our VLA licenses, and the clunkiness of the solution just bothers me in general.

Is there a better way to do this?

And can someone help me understand why FMServer scheduling can't handle web-incompatible steps?

And can someone help me understand why FMServer scheduling can't handle web-incompatible steps?

Because the PM'sand the Engineers did not spec or program it to do so in its initial release. They are aware of the import and export functionality and how useful that could be. There are also some permissions issues with source and target volumes that need to be addressed.

If you have specific suggestions for features, please submit these via the FMI web site.

HTH

Steven

This topic is 5860 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.