Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Bypass Starting Initial Input

This topic is 5837 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Do you know how to bypass the starting initial input? For example, if you create a new "Window user ID", login with that ID, and open the FileMaker. It would show a small textbox that shows to input your Initial, let's say: JD (JohnDoe).

My question is if there is any possibility to skip this small initial textbox dialog and process directly to the main layout / scripts?

Recommendations or suggestions or ideas are appreciated! Thank you in advance.

This happens only the first time the runtime is opened. If you want to avoid it, then you have to supply a preferences file in your installation on Mac. On Windows you need to edit the registry, which is also possible during an installation.

Edited by Guest

Hi Henk,

... On Windows you need to edit the registry, which is also possible during an installation.

Thank you for your response. Could you please specify which registry section I need to edit? What value should I use on? I will use the Filemaker file, not runtime.

Thank you.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want the file to open without seeing the Login Dialog. If so, then open the file with Admin|Developer Access, and then change the File Options to open with your new Full Access Information. i.e. if the access was JD, and Password 1234, and you now want it to be John Doe, with a password of 5678.

HTH

Lee

Thank you Lee for your information. Apologies in advance if I am not explaining clearly. For the first time Windows users, when they open FileMaker for their first time, there is a pop up dialog. I attached the file below.

For Henk and Lee, finally, I got the answer by modifying the registry of FileMaker with adding the "User Name" value as String Value in the registry. It solved my problem.

Thank you for both comments :

FileMaker_Open_Initial.png

Edited by Guest
Edit: Binary Value changed to String Value

This topic is 5837 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.