Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating Runtime programs cross platform

This topic is 5836 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hmm. Apparently using the Mac version of FM9 Pro Adv. you can't make a Windows runtime, am I right? Unfortunately the sales literature is not clear on this... and I told several Mac haters I could develop a solution for them with my brand new Mac Pro Advanced Upgrade. Is my only answer to buy an entirely separate copy of FMP9 Adv? Is there a Windows version of the program on the CD-ROM?

Have a look here

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/184115/post/238264/hl/runtime/fromsearch/1/#238264

Phil

ps there is an even more comprehensive post here

http://www.filemakertoday.com/com/showthread.php?t=12596&highlight=runtime

Edited by Guest

As far as I understand, then I need to take my CD and install it on a PC, and "bind" (compile?) it there to make a an .exe version of the solution that I created on my Mac. Am I right? Will the security on FMP 9 let me install and run it on a PC, what with the registration and all?

Andrew:

Yes, you are correct.

Just to clarify: runtimes need to be created on the target platform (i.e., create a Windows runtime on Windows, even on your Mac running Parallels or Boot Camp). Once the runtime has been created, you are freed from the standard licensing restrictions of your single copy of FMP, as the runtime is its own application.

-Stanley

Addendum: Read the FileMaker documentation included in your installation, file:

FMPA9_Development.pdf

You must provide an “About” layout that includes your name,

address, and the telephone number for your technical support.

It's pretty simple, and they tell you what and how. Basically, FileMaker doesn't want your runtime users (who don't own FileMaker, hence are not THEIR customers) calling them for tech support. It's your runtime application, hence your responsibility.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5836 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.