Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Which SuperContainer plugin version for AutoUpdate?

This topic is 5823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

In a Mac environment (haven't tested on Windows yet) I'm having difficulty getting the SuperContainer Companion plugin to download when I want it to to a local machine via AutoUpdate from FM server. The issue seems to stem from how the plug-in version says that it's one version in the Get Info window (version 3.0) and the version that FileMaker reads it as (version 1.856).

When I name my plugin folder on the server "3.0" it runs the update script every time because I test to see if the local plugin = the remote plugin (1.856 <> 3.0). If I change the plugin folder to "1.856", then the AutoUpdate plugin returns error 6.

Does anyone else use AutoUpdate with SuperContainer Companion plugin? If so, how do you get it to work like other plugins when using AutoUpdate?

Thanks in advance!

-Kent

Kent, the version 3.0 has nothing to do with the SuperContainer plugin version, it is the version with which the program was "wrapped" into a plugin.

It works fine for me on a similar configuration, as long as the file path is correct and includes a subfolder with the version number.

Other options:

- do you have FMSAT preference set to allow client to download upgrades automatically ?

- script error, email me so I can send you an example

- firewall settings preventing downloads?

If other plugins autoupdate correctly, my bet would be the 2nd option.

Hi Peter,

My startup script is auto updating 4 other plugins for this particular client, so there must be something wrong in one of the variables I'm passing into the auto update subscript. I'll take another look at it.

I'm assuming that you put your plugin into a folder on the server called "1.856" (or whatever the plugin version you're using is), not "3.0", to avoid having the auto update run each time. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help!

-Kent

Hi Peter,

Turns out I that when I replaced the the folder "SuperContainer_Companion_Plugin" when I was troubleshooting, the owner was set to "admin" instead of "fmserver". I'd only checked that the group was fmsadmin.

It works now. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

-Kent

This topic is 5823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.