Corrupted script

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I got a question regarding a corrupt script. What should I do on the situation like this. I have several options:

1. Should I rebuild everything again because of a corrupt script?

2. Or can I do copy and paste for scripts and layouts to the brand new files with the hope (the corruption will not taken to the new file)?

3. Or is it still okay to use the file where there is a corrupt script?

The behavior of corrupt script, when you tried to edit it, it would say "The script could not be found or has been deleted."

I read the Guidance about how to recover it at FileMaker damaged Files, Corruption and Recover but I want to have several inputs or comments regarding this.

Thank you.

It makes the most sense to rebuild the script.

Unless you can verify every step, calculation, etc., how do you know the script is not still corrupt.

Besides, it would probably take longer to verify everything anyway.

But, that's my two cents.

Thank you Mr. Vodka and bdonelson for the inputs. The script that was broken was not a significant script. I can rebuild it again. However, will it be affected the entire file to be corrupted? Or if the single script or some scripts that are corrupted, would it have some effects to other scripts or in the file?

Thank you once again for all the inputs.

Well troubleshootng corruption is not an exact science. In the case of a script, it can be just the simple script itself or the file schema. The best bet is to go back to an older safe copy of the file if possible. If not, you run a greater risk for future errors.

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.