Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal Problems - Showing all records

ncasares

This topic is 8211 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here's my situation:

I have 2 files, Main.fp5 and contacts.fp5. Main.fp5 is a "jump-point" file to all other files. In the contacts layout in Main.fp5 I would like to create a portal that displays all contacts for our company. Clicking on on a contact would open the contacts.fp5 file. I cannot figure out what kind of relationship to setup here. Obviously I need some sort of key field that is part of every new contact file so that the contact will display in the portal.

I set up a key field in both files called it "cutomer_origin". I set the relationship to match these fileds and was able to see all contacts in the Main.fp5 portal. However, I could not select of delete records from the portal, or rather, when I deleted a portal record it deletes all contacts since they all share the same key field.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I essentially would like a list view of the records contained in my file. However, I want the list ocntained withtin the layout so the user can scroll through entries without scrolling the entire layout. The layout consists of a "fixed" size rectangle (tabbed-interface).

Is there a way to do this? Am I just really confused?

Thanks

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: ncasares ]

In layout mode, double-click on the portal, the popup-window contains a checkbox which allows the deletion of related records. You need to click in the portal row and then press (apple+e or control+e), you will then be prompted if you wish to delete the 'master' or the 'related' record.

Hope this helps.

Garry

This topic is 8211 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.