Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Looking for developer for case by case support

This topic is 5791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We currently run a stable FM9 database with about 7 clients. We have several simple modifications that we wish to implement. We are releatively technical and can be considered 'power users' so we'll make your job easy. We seek to establish a relationship with a developer that we can remotely with (by phone or remote connection). We'd like to pay per feature. Some examples of modules we need:

1.Popup list of relevant street names when a certain zip code is entered. We have the zip data and will do the data entry.

2. A script that will allow multiple records to be loaded in new windows. We'd specify the records' serial number in a dialog box push a button which would call the script to load each record in a new window. Please reply with availability and rates.

1. I addressed this in your other thread.

2. You can use a global field for the search entry of serial number in the dialog box.

Create a relationship from the global field to the ID field. This is over simplifying it but the the script could be something like such.

Show Custom Dialog ["Entry"; "Please Enter ID to search"; gEntry]

If [ Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1 and not IsEmpty ( NewRelationship::ID )]

Go to Related Record [show only related records; from table: NewRelationship; Using Layout:"YourLayout"; New Window ]

Else If [ Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1 ]

Show Custom Dialog ["No Record"; "There are no records with that ID"]

End If

When there isn't an Email given, you can use a Private Topic.

Thanks for that Lee.

For certain things that would be great. I had not thought of using it.

My inclination if it is business is to take it off list. Maybe I am old fashioned, but it seems more appropriate.

I guess the exception is if you want your own email address masked. But that is not an issue to me. As I am working for myself, I am not affecting anyone else as in exposing my employer's email address to the world.

My inclination if it is business is to take it off list. Maybe I am old fashioned, but it seems more appropriate.

And I agree, David, and Lee probably does as well; that business should be discussed off forum. But I frequently exchange information within Private Messages to allow taking it off list to begin with - without publishing that information in the public forum. Private messages are great for connections with others and keeping business to oneself. :wink2:

LaRetta

snipi...I frequently exchange information within Private Messages to allow taking it off list to begin with - without publishing that information in the public forum. Private messages are great for connections with others and keeping business to oneself. :wink2:

LaRetta

Point well taken ... From both you and Lee :clap::clap: :clap:

This topic is 5791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.