Bug? Some steps don't function correctly

This topic is 5807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I applied CF to a field. I had a few scripts that would end with script step "go to field". After applying the cf, A user stated her button wasn't leaving her in that field as the last step anymore.. the script ran and ended it but didn't perform the "go to field" step. I tried, Insert calc.. just to leave cursor in that field, I tried set selection, insert text. Finally the only thing that I was able to do was name the field as an object and then use the "go to object" step. Anyone else encounter this?

Edited by Guest

Conditional formatting has NOTHING to do with movement or action of cursor; it simply can't. Something else is going on. Can you provide the script? Have you made sure the field is on the layout and that it is the SAME table occurrence as defined in the script?

Edited by Guest
Added sentence

oh..i thought maybe it was my computer, but I'm not crazy i don't think...lol I have walked through it with debugger..looks like it does the step but doesn't leave your cursor in the field. I thought it was strange.. but it didn't seem to work and it's not a complicated script..

Just use "go to field" step..ie on a field that has cf on it.. my cf was basically highlight yellow if two criteria are met.. one of the criteria was through a relationship, ie, the cf was to indicate that a link(relationship) was established. I did get to finally work with go to object but thought it was really strange behavior...

WOW!! Thank you for setting me straight! And I apologize for almost mis-steering you, Miguels! Double wow! How can conditional format have such an effect?

Hmmm, maybe this tells us more about the inner workings of conditional format and maybe it can be used to an advantage somewhere. Because, even if FM fixes it, it implies more depth to the functionality than we've been aware of. InterestIng!

Oh great!! It is a bug! Thanks! For a second I thought I was losing my mind..LOL So yeah Laretta, maybe this can be used to our advantage but if it's fixed that might just break our advantage..LOl Oh well, as much as a pains me to go through an extra couple steps I'll just use the go to object...Thanks everyone!

This topic is 5807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.