Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remember tab selection

This topic is 5755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yes we can. Click here.

Thanks for the link. Very helpful. So I found on the website someone else's custom function and script.

http://blog.myfmbutler.com/?p=34

I used this custom function in my solution, the only problem is that it remembers the tabs when switching between layouts what it should but in my case i need slightly something different.

I have a layout that should look and stay the same it just adds a calculator to the right of the screen. (Like hide and unhide), so for example. I am in the main layout I switch a tab then I switch to layout 2 the tab still stays the same as it should, but when i switch a tab in layout 2 and switch back to layout 1 it remembered the first choice but not the choice of the second layout, that should be fine for what the script does, but I need it to stay the same as in layout 2. Like Layout one and layout 2's tabs should be linked together. Do you have any recommendation on this issue?

Offhand I would think that some combination of naming your tab panel objects the same on both layouts and/or a step in your layout navigation script that transfers the contents of the variable that stores the tab state to a different variable, or modifies the variable, should make your scenario feasible.

That link didn't work for me?

I didn't say that right.

The link work, but the file on that site has a broken link, you get the 404 message.

Lee

Edited by Guest

The link is broken now for me too.

Now that I think about it, I believe Ray Cologon also had a similar file, and I think 24U had one as well.

This topic is 5755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.