If less than 21 days, display recent. If more display Outdated

This topic is 5759 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to get some system of conditional formatting to display RECENT or OUTDATED depending on the date with regards to a "Date" field.

I'm just a newb, so be nice =P

I'm not sure if I can do it as a drop down list and set it up as values (0 = Recent, 1 = Outdated) or if I need to set it up as regular text (Displaying Outdated to match background when within desired time period... and vice versa).

I've attached a quick .fp7 to give you a visual and the field names.

Thanks for any help.

Dated.zip

Well, I'm one who always likes to take the lowest-resource route. Firstly, you will need an unstored calculation for the Status field because you need to constantly compare it to the current date. But to keep the calculation lean, I used a boolean number.

Then from the layout level, you can display what it says (see number format as boolean). Problem is ... 'outdated' is one too many characters so I changed it to archaic. Ha ha. If you can call it something else, you can use this method as well.

Otherwise you will need to control the words within the calculation itself as:

Case (

date_1 + 21 :great: Get ( CurrentDate ) ; "Recent" ; "Outdated"

)

... and then control the colors using conditional format as indicated in the sample attached.

But you've addressed less than 21 days and greater than 21 days. What if it is EXACTLY 21 days?

DatedREV.zip

LaRetta, Thanks for your help.

Two questions:

1. Where do you put the values in for the conditional formatting? I can't seem to locate where you put "Recent" & "Archaic"

2. I'm not exactly sure what to do if it's EXACTLY 21 days. It is acceptable for the data to be 21 days, but not 22.

Thanks again... you always seem to be helping me with ALL my posts. Haha

Edited by Guest
Typo with acceptable date range

1. Where do you put the values in for the conditional formatting? I can't seem to locate where you put "Recent" & "Archaic"

In layout mode, select the Status field then Format > Number. It is under boolean. You put the words in there. But you attach conditional formatting to the field Format > Conditional.

2. I'm not exactly sure what to do if it's EXACTLY 21 days. It is acceptable for the data to be 21 days, but not 22.

Then if it is 21 days, acceptable means Recent? If so, you are set with the calculations I gave you. Let me know if there is anything else you need help with. And yeah, I lurk around FM Forums quite a bit ... learning FileMaker is an addiction. :wink2:

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5759 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.