Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Similar problem with conditional formatting and validation calculation

This topic is 5725 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. I'm designing a comprehensive database in which one element logs uniform inventory and assignment. Generally, the uniforms are distributed as separates (i.e., jacket #13 and pants #24, not necessarily matching jacket #13 and pants #13), thus it is necessary to record all uniform components separately. In order to accommodate the various measurement methods used (i.e., chest/bust/waist for jackets, and waist/length for pants), I have a radio button field named Measurement Method, as well as individual fields for each measurement per method listed. The idea is that all measurement fields are grayed out and are invalidated unless the corresponding measurement method is selected in the Measurement Method field. (In other words, If Measurement Method = "Chest/Bust/Waist", then all other measurement fields except Chest, Bust and Waist are grayed out, and only those three fields will accept entries.) Problem is, I'm having trouble getting both the validation calculation and conditional formatting formula to cooperate. As for the validation, I've tried the If function as well as using a more complex argument with Boolean operators... nothing is working. Any suggestions on the calculation writing or any ideas to simplify the set-up effectively would be greatly appreciated.

This topic is 5725 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.