Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cron job won't start

This topic is 5687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've created a script in FileMaker Pro 9 to send and receiving e-mail. Because i want it to run often, i've wrote an applescript that is launched by Cronnix every 15 minutes. This script looks like this:

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

activate

tell database "Mydatabase.fp7"

do script "SendAndReceive"

end tell

end tell

The script SendAndReceive opens another database which is in the same folder than "MyDataBase".

Since i'm shearing the computer (Mac Intel OS 10.5) with other people I cannot let my session always opened.

My script works well when i'am the current user. But when one switch user, it doesn't work. At best, putting the crontab in the user root, FileMaker was able to launch inside another user session but that is not what I want. I want to have FileMaker working under my session (which is open)and executing the script for me...not for the current user.

Anyone as an idea?

I want to have FileMaker working under my session (which is open)and executing the script for me...not for the current user.

Not possible.

You'll have to make do with a "robot" machine or look into using an email plugin on FileMaker Server.

• Newbies

Thanks for taking the time to answer me...I'am using the plugin Mailit to send and receive e-mail...

So, there is no way to run a filemaker script (whitout FM server) in a session while another is running?

I have a simple apple scrit that close FileMaker...even this one will not work while another session is running?

This topic is 5687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.