Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FS - 640 Consistency Check Failed (805)

This topic is 5669 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Forum.

I have a win 2003 FM Server (v 9.0.2.151) sharing about 20 files. All was fine when I went on holiday, I was getting daily emails that the FM Server is doing its nightly backup correctly.

Now Im back from holiday a few weeks later and I get an email every day, that says: "640 Consistency Check failed during script daily backup when saving database "mydbase". (805)"

This may not be the precise message my message is in French and Im translating.

(mydbase is the name of my file)

Users are reporting NO PROBLEMS with the file. It all works well (it seems and theres about 10 users).

I know one should in principle not work with a recovered file. But this happenns every night. So I recovered the file. The the error message went away for 2 nights. Now its back.

Any ideas if this is serious and how I should proceed to rid myself of this error. Save the file as a clone and then import the data again?

Currently the file has no working problems and no data loss...it is just bugging thats all.

I wonder also what started something like that in the firstplace. Any ideas?

Thanks,

You definitely have something going on.

Recovery was [color:red]the wrong thing to do. You should have closed the files, stopped the FileMaker Server service, and then opened the file in FIleMaker Pro and saved a copy as compacted. (From the File menu).

Carefully check the integrity of the server itself, especially the drives.

Steven

As I said before already; I am aware that recovery was probably not correct.

I could go back to an old version I have from before problems started (I made no structural changes in between), import the current data and then save as compacted as you suggest.

Would that do the trick you think?

"Carefully check the integrity of the server itself, especially the drives."

I have no other problems on the Server and have oodles of space on the disk. What precisely do you suggest to check?

As I said before already; I am aware that recovery was probably not correct.

I could go back to an old version I have from before problems started (I made no structural changes in between), import the current data and then save as compacted as you suggest.

Would that do the trick you think?

Yes. Definately do this. Trying to bring back a recovered file and continously using it as your production copy is just asking for trouble.

As a general rule of thumb, if you have a file that is corrupt, then export the data out and import it into clean clones of a GOOD file that everyone should have as a backup.

This topic is 5669 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.