Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Admin Console won't start on Server 2003

This topic is 5566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There are a lot of posts about the admin console not starting on Macs, but I have the same problem on Windows. The only way I can ever get it running is to restart the FM server service.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Moses

Hi,

I've just clean-installed a second FM9avd server and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Navigating to http://localhost:16000 starts to open the console, but it remains minimised. If you maximise it, it shows a blank grey window.

If I close this window and try to open the admin console again, it tells me that another user is already running the console -- however, I can't find the correct service/process to kill.

This is bizarre, as the FM server service is running fine -- I can see the server in remote hosts, and open the demo database without difficulty. I just can't administrate it!

On my first FM9Adv server the admin console works fine. However, on this server IIS is not installed -- could the MS web services be interfering with the Java webpages???

Cheers,

Jon.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hi, I got the same problem when I try to install a Filemaker Server in our new server, first I think the problem was in the arquitecture of the server because we are using a Intel Core Quad Server, after many test, I discover the problem is an incompatibility issue with Java, please tray the next steps:

1.- Open Java Panel in the control panels

2.- Go to the Tap Java in the Java Control Panel

3.- Select the Option "View" to see the Updates and the instalation

4.- If you are running Java JRE 6.11 just mark as Disable.

5.- If don have another version available, go to the next page: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u10/index.html

6.-Download Java JRE version 6.7 and install.

7.- Restar your server

8.- Open Filemaker Deployment Assistant

I hope it helps you.

Greetings

• 1 month later...

I still am having a problem with the admin console and I don't believe it's the Java version. I have been able to get around it for a while by using the command line but now I need to use the PHP site assistant. Any other ideas?

No, your description is too vague. The whole Admin Console is based on Java and when it doesn't launch it's always a java issue (short of forgetting the admin pw, or blocking the necessary ports 16000 to 16004).

You can launch the PHP site assistant from a copy of FMPA on another machine...

Thanks for writing back. I can only get into the admin console if I restart the fmserver service. When I restart it I can get in for a while both remotely and directly on the server, but then when I come back to it later I can't get in again unless I restart the service again. Do you still think this is Java related? I am running Java Platform, Standard Edition 1.6.0. When I tried upgrading Java previously it caused other problem with the console.

This topic is 5566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.