Question Mark (?) Issue

This topic is 5647 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have a layout that has 10 numbers of field with hundred thousands of records. After I performed find records, it would show "?" in every single field. At first, I thought I need larger field's column larger, however, when I clicked inside the field, it would still show "?"

Then, I tried to delete it and it was successfully deleted. I tried to perform the same find and it gave me that "?" for every single field again.

Has anyone experience this before? Or is it a corruption' sign?

Thank you in advance for the share and comments. :o

I tried to save as a copy which will save only the structure not the contents.

John suggested 'Save A Copy As' which will save in three ways: 1) copy of file (identical including structure and data unchanged), 2) compacted copy (smaller, including structure and data compacted) and 3) clone (no records but structure). Use option 2 which compacts the data.

If that doesn't work, we will need to see your zipped file; we can only guess if we cannot see your situation.

LaRetta :wink2:

Hi Lareta,

I think John mentioned ".. saving as compact." You mentioned option 2 (same idea as John). However, for my safe option, I chose the third option (save as clone). My guess regarding the corruption is from the data, not structure. However, if this still happens, I will let you know. For now, it's good and I will re-import those missing data.

Thank you for your help.

We had a very similar situation this week. We had one record with "?" in it, which we could delete, but it always came up if we did a find. What we did was export all the data out of the file in CSV format, save the corrupt file as a clone, and then reimport the csv data back in. This seems to have solved the problem for now. - no idea what had caused it.

This topic is 5647 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.