How to cleanly uninstall FMSA9

Jalz

This topic is 4512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I've got FMSA 9 running on my Mac OSX. Im having trouble with the PHP installation as whenever I try running the test php page I get the following error:

Warning: require_once(FileMaker.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-server-support/test/fmi-test/phptest.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'FileMaker.php' (include_path='.:') in /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-server-support/test/fmi-test/phptest.php on line 5

I've redeployed it a couple of times and it still isn't working, so I think I might as well reinstall it. I know php is working on the machine as I have a php sample page (not connected to FM) up and running.

Thanks

Jalz

• 3 years later...

I hope this thread is still being watched...

My older server running FMS9 recently passed away, and I put in a new server running 10.7. Needless to say, FMS9 will not run on it, although I tried to get it working.

I experimented with running FMP11 on that machine and accessing the DBs from other machines on the office network, but it's just too clumsy, so I sprang for FMSA11.

Now, unfortunately, FMSA11 will not install, insisting that I delete FMS9 first. Because FMS9 never got working, the installer file will not offer me the Uninstall option.

After checking here, I also deleted the entire library/Filemaker Server folder and dumped the Java cache, but FMSA11 will still not install.

What can i do to manually delete the remaining traces of FMS9?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I took have this issue, except I'm going FMS9->10. I don't see an uninstall option on the installed FMS9 applications; was it only on the DMG distribution?

Isn't there a list of what FMS9 installed?

I believe there are techInfo articles on what files are installed. Search www.filemaker.com/kb

to uninstall you basically have to run the installer again, it provides an uninstall option. Make sure that all FM processes are stopped including the final

sudo launchctl stop com.filemaker.fms

This topic is 4512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.