Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print PDF from filemaker WITH watermark?

Ladys

This topic is 4446 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all professionals,

i have a fm database with few houndreds names.

I want to distribute them .pdf file personalized with watermark (client name as watermark).

Is there a way how to do this in filemaker?

I tried:

- Container (global) field and insert PDF as an object and create Layout where whole (mutli-page) PDF will display, than make a layer with "name" on top of it and print it. But this sollution shows only first page of PDF.

The best way for me is whatever sollution where I don´t have to install anything (plugin) to client FM. I didn´t find any commercial plugin either.

Can you help me somehow?

• 2 weeks later...

It's not clear what you want. What do you mean by distribute to them a .pdf with watermark? Are you saving from FM as a pdf doc?

Mult-page .pdfs do not display in FM (they'd need to be opened in a Reader.

Nope..

I have a .pdf (multipage) document stored in Container (global). But I would like to print this document with watermarked "name" of every entry in database.

It means, each client in my database will recieve that multipage pdf docment with HIS name as an watermark...

Hopefully I explained it little bit better...

What really is a watermark but a ghost-grey image (in your example, text) in the background? If, when the PDF is created, the report text is placed on top of the watermark container (in the body), and THEN saved as a PDF, it might work. But I don't know enough about what you want it to look like nor what type of report you are generating. And I don't know if you can 're-print' the PDFs either.

• 3 years later...
  • Newbies

Hi

I don't know if watermarking a pdf is still an issue with you but I've just worked out how to do it, on mac and pc, through filemaker. it's a bit of a pain but it's very quick when it works.

It uses a package called pdftk, which works on mac and windows.

If you need to know how then email me at [email protected]

Howard

Hi Howard :laugh2:

It would work best if you could either post a link or post the instructions here. By entering your email into a public space, you open yourself up to ... well ... more than you probably bargained for. It can be gathered by any bot and used in ways not intended.

This topic is 4446 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.